SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Subject Matter Expert, Journeyman (Storage - Backup Engineer (Vault p/t)) in Arlington, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Engineering & Sciences
The F-35 JPO is a joint, multi-national program. It is the Department of Defense's (DoD) focal point for defining affordable next generation strike fighter aircraft weapon systems. CSRA is looking for support to provide IT Services that enhance the effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity of the F-35 JPO by providing the Government with a full range of IT and CS services to support the mission of the F-35 JPO.. Design and implement computer and information such as Storage Area Network environments. Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning, including analysis of capacity needs for network infrastructures. Analyze science, engineering, business, and other data processing problems to develop and implement solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Perform systems management and integration functions, improve existing computer systems, and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and schedule limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software. May also design network and computer security measures.
• BS or BA degree in a Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, Operations Research, Statistics, or Engineering.
• Three (3) years’ experience with storage disciplines and protocols to include comprehensive knowledge of tasks that include designing, planning, and setting up applications and storage in a Unix/Linux and Windows NetApp SAN environment (disk layout, RAID levels, etc.) to ensure performance and data availability.
• Demonstrated strong technical skills as they relate to numerous systems and storage technologies including but not limited to: NetApp, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012, Exchange Server 2007/2010, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, DC's/DNS, DFS, Active Directory, DHCP, Wave, IIS, VMware vSphere 5, ESXi 5, Cisco UCS/Nexus, Infoblox, SCCM, Hyper-V
• Demonstrated in-depth analysis and technical support of systems, including complex problem resolution, design, development, testing, operational integration, and user support.
• Demonstrated experience in operating systems planning and evaluation for performance analysis, capacity planning and hardware upgrades.
• Demonstrated experience with Windows and Unix/Linux shell scripting, including PowerShell and Perl, knowledge of LAN/WAN architecture, TCP/IP, firewall/VLAN configuration, hardware-based load balancing, encryption, and network security best practices.
• Experience with configuring NetApp SAN environment and implementing NAS protocols • Experience with applications in a VM and NetApp Fibre Channel/SAN environment
• Demonstrated experience within NFS, CIFS, SAN, TCP/IP, RAID, LUN Management.
• Knowledge of DoD Information Assurance practices, including STIGs.
• IAT Level III baseline certification in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 “Cyberspace Workforce Management” (or achieve within six months of TOA or hiring)
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 100 Boundary Channel Dr (VAC080)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.