SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Senior Business Systems Analyst in Seaside, California
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
No Suitability Required
CSRA is seeking a Senior Business Analyst to provide analytical expertise in identifying, evaluating and documenting business requirements for systems and procedures that meet user requirements. The selected individual will head up the analysis, evaluation and documentation of business processes that provide the core interoperability functions between the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) and external agencies. These agencies include the Veterans Administration, the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and MHS Genesis. The selected individual will analyze complex healthcare business requirements that need to be solved with automated systems. The selected individual will also be involved in enhancing this suite of applications and perhaps developing new applications when business requirements are identified that are outside the scope of existing applications.
• Must develop a detailed understanding of complex healthcare business rules and ensure those rules are correctly followed in design documents, specifications and development
• Understand business requirements for DMDC support of the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER) and DMDC data holdings in terms of patient identity, insurance eligibility and demographics.
• Operate in a complex joint testing and Production environment consisting of health care systems supporting both the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs
• Gather, define and prioritize requirements of the project in close collaboration with the government client and business architect
• Participate as the senior business analyst in leading a team of 3-5 more junior business analysts
• Provide mentoring and guidance to junior business analysts.
• Write software requirements specifications clearly and without ambiguity and assist in the prioritization of requirements
• Monitor the progression of functional requirements throughout the project lifecycle and work with the software development and testing teams to resolve issues throughout the development and testing portion of the lifecycle as well as in Production
• Work across government and contractor lines to ensure smooth and effective communications
• Perform business process gap analysis and manage requirement change
• Analyze/coordinate de-identification of test data strategy and implementation
• Develop an understanding of the business requirements for the James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center in North Chicago in order to assist in resolving North Chicago issues/problems as they arise
Education and Experience Required
• Typically a Bachelor’s degree in a technical/scientific field or equivalent experience and a minimum of 8-10 years related experience
Knowledge and Skills
• More than 8 years’ experience analyzing business requirements and writing functional specifications
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a client facing position
• Proven ability to lead a team of business analysts
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in requirements management and/or process modeling
• Perseverance and pragmatism to solve complex problems
• Must possess a basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies
• Must possess good knowledge of relational database concepts
• Ability to apply consistent quality and security standards.
• U.S. Citizenship and able to receive DMDC Position of Trust
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA CA Seaside - 400 Gigling Rd (CAC001)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.