SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Senior Software Developer in Seaside, California
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
No Suitability Required
CSRA is seeking a software developer to contribute to maintaining and enhancing a suite of Java applications (10-12) that provide the core interoperability functions between the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) and external agencies. These agencies include the Veterans Administration, the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and MHS Genesis.
• Participate as a member of development team; also develop code independently
• Must develop understanding of complex healthcare business rules and ensure those rules are correctly followed in design documents, specifications and development
• Participate in code reviews.
• Must develop understanding of issues involved in producing releases of software components
• Participate and contribute suggestions/ideas to the other members of the team.
• Apply in-depth and broad technical knowledge to diverse technology areas
• Design, preparation and execution of unit tests.
• Quickly and effectively resolve issues reported by customers and QA testers
Education and Experience Required
• Typically a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical/scientific field or equivalent experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Some knowledge in the following areas is desirable:
JEE, JDK1.7 & 1.8, JSF, Oracle 12c database, Struts, XML, Dojo, log4j, JUnit, Apache commons, IBM Mainframe, Oracle WebCenter Content (WCC), Spring MVC, Apache Tomcat 7, JBoss EAP v6.4.x.
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a good team player
• Must possess a basic understanding of modern software design and development methodologies. Knowledge and experience with Agile methodology and practices, such as SCRUM and Kanban
• Some knowledge of software configuration management and release management using SVN and Maven
• Good understanding of testing tools and unit and integration test scripting, and testing methodologies.
• Must possess good knowledge of relational database concepts
- Ability to apply consistent quality and security standards.
• U.S. Citizenship and able to receive DMDC Position of Trust
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA CA Seaside - 400 Gigling Rd (CAC001)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.