SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Wintel Engineer, Mid Level (SRF 2719) in Stennis Space Center, Mississippi
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Engineering & Sciences
Created after 9-11-2001, the Department of Homeland Security consolidated numerous agencies' data centers for central management. CSRA plays a key role in the Department's IT integration strategy through its Data Center-1 program. CSRA's DC-1 program is committed to delivering an efficient, responsive, and mature data center operation through excellence in service delivery, performance, and continual service improvement.
We are seeking a Wintel Engineer -
• Windows systems engineer/administrator with data center experience supporting Windows 2008 and 2012 installation, operations and maintenance; VMWare; Citrix XenApp; Shavlik.
• Responsible for driving technical service resolution and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction through pre- and post-engineering technical/functional support to current and prospective customers. This position is responsible for providing systems engineering support for customers in a 24x7 service organization.
• Acts as a lead customer issue resolution engineer and takes ownership of all assigned tickets.
• Acts as a mentor to other engineers, as assigned, and to develop internal certification criteria and curriculum.
• Acts as a subject matter expert for the disciplines outlined below in job requirements
• Perform the duties of Mid level Engineers, Training Coordinator, QA Engineer and Escalations Manager as assigned and certified.
• Participate on rotating shift coverage’s, as needed to support organizational goals; Participate in the company on call program, as needed to support organizational goals.
• Coordinates with client management to formulate highly complex technical solutions. Identifies and implements solutions based on client needs. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
• Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation and administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
• Evaluates products and upgrades for appropriateness of cost and compatibility. Oversees and implements system upgrade strategies.
• Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance. Initiates reviews as appropriate.
• Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
• Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required. Implements solutions and refines procedures as appropriate.
• Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
• Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures. Conducts usability and costing studies.
• Industry certification (CompTIA, MCSE, MSITP, ITIL, etc..)
• Experience with Windows 2008 – 2012 Server, Exchange Server, Active Directory, Group Policies, Patch management, Log management, WSUS, SCOM, VMWare
Master's degree and 15+ years experience
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
USA MS Stennis Space Center - 9325 Cyprus Loop Rd (MSC009)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.