SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Senior Java Developer in Arlington, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
CSRA, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and professional services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM, formerly US-VISIT), CSRA performs operations and maintenance (O&M) of the Automated Biometric Identification System’s (IDENT) production and non-production environments and associated business systems. In support of this effort, CSRA provides Task Order Management, Datacenter Operations, Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations, System Management and Monitoring, Service Request Management, Technology Analysis, and Non-production Support (to include Program Support Systems and Transition).
CSRA is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical homeland missions – the storage and processing of biometric and associated biographic information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
CSRA is seeking a highly motivated senior developer to join our growing development and test team to develop, support, and modernize mission-critical applications for our DHS customer. The successful candidate will help to develop, deploy, and maintain mission-critical applications under a Scrum/agile project lifecycle approach. You will also provide support and technical advice during conceptualization, development, and implementation phases to transform requirements to working solutions using an agile methodology. This includes involvement with users to define system scope and objectives, as well as contributing to design decisions. Other specific responsibilities include but are limited to:
• Coordinate with users to define system scope and objectives, as well as contributing to the design decision making process
• Work on new development and re-engineering efforts, including making system design recommendations
• Implement enhancements to existing system
• Coordinate with other developers working in parallel and perform QA/testing as needed
• Provide software development services on all tiers (UI, Java, Oracle)
• Database programming using SQL
• Team Lead responsibilities
Required Skills / Qualification
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
• Masters degree and 7+ years of relevant experience
• Experience with Java and/or C++ programming languages
• Experience in Agile development methodology
• Experience in Struts and Restful services
• Experience in developing integration software. specifically Oracle WebLogic and TIBCO
• Experience in Oracle RDBMS, PL/SQL and SQL*Plus
• Experience in UNIX/LINUX shell scripting
• Experience with test-driven development
• Proven track record as a self-learner
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• BS or MS in computer engineering, computer science, or information systems fields of study
• 15 years as a developer with proven track record
• Experience working in IDENT system environments (both test and production)
• Significant IDENT system experience
• Strong IDENT business and workflow knowledge
• Experience implementing and configuring DevOps solutions
• Currency with latest techniques in automated code scanning, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts
• Experience in Jira to support configuration management in an Agile environment
• Demonstrated background in document management systems (e.g., Documentum)
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 3434 N Washington Blvd (VAS001)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.