SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Senior Oracle Database Administrator - US Citizenship Required (SRF 3025) in Arlington, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
CSRA, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and professional services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM, formerly US-VISIT), CSRA performs operations and maintenance (O&M) of the Automated Biometric Identification System’s (IDENT) production and non-production environments and associated business systems. In support of this effort, CSRA provides Task Order Management, Datacenter Operations, Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations, System Management and Monitoring, Service Request Management, Technology Analysis, and Non-production Support (to include Program Support Systems and Transition).
CSRA is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical homeland missions – the storage and processing of biometric and associated biographic information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
CSRA is looking for an experienced Senior Oracle Database Administrator (Sr. Oracle DBA) for the DHS OBIM program in Arlington, VA. The ideal candidate will support, manage, and monitor mission critical IDENT Production and Non-Production databases in a fast-paced team environment. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Patches, upgrades, and troubleshoots production and non-production databases
• Conducts performance tuning of indexes and optimization of storage functionality
• Reviews database design and integration of systems
• Provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements
• Communicates with management, engineers/technicians, and client to evaluate needs
• Supports development effort and production deployment releases
• Synchronizes development, test, and production environment on a Daily/Weekly/Monthly basis
•Leverage DevOps practices to develop innovative automation solutions for manual operational processes utilizing Ansible Automation.
• Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization
• Maintains security and integrity controls
• Prepares detailed reports
• May work with vendors
• May work on-call rotation for application support
• May support overnight, late-night, early-morning, and/or weekend O&M activities
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
• 15+ years relevant experience, or MS and 7+ yrs relevant experience
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Demonstrated ability to lead small teams
• Demonstrated ability to work independentlyDesired Skills / Qualifications:
• BS or MS in computer science or information systems field of study
• 12+ yrs experience in database administration
• Oracle Certification(s)
• Experience working with large Oracle databases over 500TB
• Experience working with Oracle RAC databases 12c
• Experience installing, configuring, and managing Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) 12c Cloud Control
• Experience installing/maintaining Oracle databases in AIX, Linux, and Windows operating systems
• Experience in Oracle ASM, Data Guard, Oracle cloud control/ Grid Control (OEM) and RMAN
• Experienced in high availability and disaster recovery solutions, including database failover and data center switchover
• Experience in database and application performance tuning
• Experience with SQL and PL/SQL
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 3434 N Washington Blvd (VAS001)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.