SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Senior Security Engineer in Arlington, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Security engineer with extensive experience in large global enterprise security operations. Candidate must be highly motivated with the ability to self-start, prioritize, and multi-task within a team and coordinate work actions. Candidate will be part of a network and systems engineering team that handles enterprise IT security Infrastructure & applications-related solutions with the intent to streamline monitoring, alerting and incident response efforts for the CSSP team.
Designs and develops new systems, applications, and solutions for external customer's enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. Ensures system security needs established and maintained for operations development, security requirements definition, security risk assessment, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, certification and accreditation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery, and business continuity planning and provides analytical support for security policy development and analysis. Integrates new architectural features into existing infrastructures, designs cyber security architectural artifacts, provides architectural analysis of cyber security features and relates existing system to future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering recommendations, and resolves integration and testing issues. May interface with external entities including law enforcement, intelligence and other government organizations and agencies.
• Understanding of Government & Organizational Regulations including DoD, NIST, CUI, ISO regulations and policies
• Influence leadership and create partnership with functional leaders to build a cyber safety culture
Cyber Security Engineering
Network traffic flow and Security Analysis
• Experience in building sandbox/test lab environments
• Experience with log management and/or SIEM technologies such as Splunk, ArcSight, ect
• Proficient in IT security tools including but not limited to SIEMS, Security incident management tools like Cisco ASA FirePower, SNORT, Palo Alto IDS/IPS, ACAS, SCCM, McAfee
• Experience doing POCs / POVs of off the shelf tools, taking part in technology assessment, deployment, integration & maintenance. Reviewing technology designs and develop security controls and solutions
• Participate in the selection of security solutions, or enhancements to existing security solutions, to improve overall enterprise security
• Cross team collaboration for projects relating to the Security, Network, and Systems engineering
• Define and document standard methodologies from a security perspective
• Performing other Enterprise Security & Support tasks as required and assigned.
• Understanding/Knowledge of global frameworks and standards like NIST, FIPS, GDPR, DFARS etc…
• Strong research background and an analytical approach
• Experience performing security reviews/vulnerability risk assessments of network environments using both manual procedures and automated analysis tools.
• Ensure the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of enterprise resources
• Ability to react quickly, decisively, and deliberately in high stress situations
• Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills are required to document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers
• Ability to work with enterprise IT to ensure compliance in terms of OS patching requirements, Server patching and build template management
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Cyber Security or 10+ years equivalent experience is related fields
• Technical certifications considered an asset are: CISSP,GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, GPEN, GCFE, CCNA, CCNP
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 111 S George Mason Dr (VAC005)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.