SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Sr Solutions Architect (SRF 3053) in Arlington, Virginia
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
Business Development & Growth
CSRA, a Federal marketplace leader in next-generation IT solutions and professional services, is seeking highly qualified and motivated IT professionals like you who are eager to contribute to our critical Homeland Security missions. For the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Office of Biometric Identity Management (OBIM, formerly US-VISIT), CSRA performs operations and maintenance (O&M) of the Automated Biometric Identification System’s (IDENT) production and non-production environments and associated business systems. In support of this effort, CSRA provides Task Order Management, Datacenter Operations, Disaster Recovery/Continuity of Operations, System Management and Monitoring, Service Request Management, Technology Analysis, and Non-production Support (to include Program Support Systems and Transition). CSRA is excited to offer you a unique opportunity to join a best performing O&M team supporting one our nation’s most critical homeland missions – the storage and processing of biometric and associated biographic information for national security, law enforcement, immigration and border management, intelligence, background investigations, and associated testing, training, management reporting, planning and analysis.
CSRA is looking for a Senior Solutions Architect to support the program Engineering & Design Team. The primary responsibility of the Solutions Architect is to lead the way in architecture, design and implementation of new solutions for the Enterprise IDENT environment. This role will be responsible for architecture and design of both the production and non-production environment. This role will also be responsible for managing small to medium sized engineering efforts to ensure successful completion.
Other specific responsibilities include but are limited to:
• Work with client and internal stakeholders to drive system business requirements
• Develop detailed technical requirements from business requirements
• Develop complete system solutions and/or improvements through analysis and detailed documentation
• Develops an approach for changes based on a proactive assessment of obstacles
• Provide oversight and guidance on how to manage the OBIM enterprise environment through operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of system resources
• Provide technology guidance, road maps, principles, standards, and best practices
• Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement of IDENT system capabilities
• Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the departments leadership regarding pertinent IT activities
• Provide detailed system documentation and review and improve existing documentation
• Manage small technical efforts or act as technical lead on larger initiatives
Required Skills / Qualifications:
• BS or equivalent plus 9 years relevant experience
• DHS HQ EOD required to start; must be able to obtain DHS HQ Final Suitability
Desired Skills / Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or information systems field of study plus 12 yrs of directly relevant experience
• Strong understanding of IDENT or the overall mission of OBIM
• Experience with biometric systems
• Experience managing large-scale enterprise project efforts
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA VA Arlington - 3434 N Washington Blvd (VAS001)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.