SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Senior Desktop Support Specialist (Windows and Mac) in Bethesda, Maryland
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
We are seeking a Senior Desktop Support Specialist to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of the Director IT Support Services Contract. On this program we provide support for 2,700 end-customers residing in approximately 20 buildings. Support includes 24x7 on-call duty support for monitoring of critical systems and for VIP support. Our team focuses on maintaining excellent customer service as it relates to service requests and maintains and improves interoperability between IT infrastructure systems.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, lead tasks, manage deskside support tickets involving both Windows and MacOS / devices, and ensures performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• May coordinate incident / problem resolution for outages and multi-user issues with the Service Desk.
• Provides excellent service and customer support onsite and during field visits or dispatches.
• Provides deskside support to end users, including laptop / mobile equipment delivery, use-instructions and troubleshooting.
• Handles on-site installation, repair, maintenance and testing tasks, sometimes using “remote hands” or “smart hands” techniques.
• Diagnoses errors or technical problems and determines proper solutions.
• Follows all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
• Cooperates with technical teams and shares information across the organization.
• Comprehends customer requirements to make appropriate recommendations and build positive relationships with customers.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS or the equivalent combination of experience and education with user-centric Windows/Apple IT support and / or IT help-desk
• Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service technical equipment
• Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules, provide assistance on-call when necessary
• Familiarity with mobile tools and applications
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• ITIL® Certification
• Apple Support: experience supporting domain joined Mac devices in enterprise environment Familiarity with GSA environment and administrative processes
• 2+ years experience performing to SLAs
• Working knowledge of VPN and Citrix for remote access
• Working knowledge of images and imaging desktops and laptops
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group policies, and networking
• Experience supporting mobile devices
• Experience supporting and maintaining user account information, including rights, security and systems groups.
• Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting server and network issues
• Technical certifications
• Good experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel, Adobe Acrobat
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
• Commitment to providing excellent customer service to our customers
• Ability to work in a fast-paced SLA driven environment and work well in a team setting
• Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and • • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Candidate must possess or be able to obtain a US “Public Trust”
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA MD Bethesda - 9000 Rockville Pike (MDC039)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.