SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Information Security Senior Technical Writer (ITC# 1732) in Bossier City, Louisiana
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
Communications & Creative Services
General Dynamics Information Technology supports the Information Technology Security Office (ITSO) of the Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AOUSC) to build and mature its’ IT security posture. ITSO's goal is to ensure that court units and AOUSC national program offices and territories across the United States are capable of making risk-based decisions regarding the information systems supporting their mission and business functions.
We are seeking an Information Security Technical Writer (Advisor level) at our Integrated Technology Center (ITC) in Bossier City, LA.
· Reviewing, editing, maintaining, finalizing and providing feedback on various types of IT security-related documents. Examples include, but shall not be limited to, testing and assessment reports, “how-to” guides, best practices documents and resource packets, PowerPoint presentations, awareness brochures, a variety of different kinds of articles, “IT Security Tips of the Month” resources, meeting and briefing presentations, checklists, operating procedures and diagrams. The Contractor shall also be responsible for document version management and data tracking.
· Writes, rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user manuals, programming manuals, service manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals. Oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Computer Science, or related field plus 10 years of experience writing, reviewing, and editing technical publications.
· Two years of experience writing, reviewing, and editing technical publications related to information technology documents to include articles, assessment reports, cybersecurity plans, presentations, and security-related brochures.
· Demonstrated proficiency in the use of software tools used by the federal judiciary, such as: MS Office (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
· Possess at least one industry-recognized cybersecurity certification, such as: Certification and Authorization Professional (CAP), Cyber Security Essentials Certification (GSEC) or Security+.
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA LA Bossier City - 6310 E Texas St (LAS004)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.