SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Technical Writer Intern in Rockville, Maryland
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
We are seeking a Technical Writer Intern to create artifacts for the technical support team and ITB customer, which supports the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) within the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide technical edits to engineering documentation, software documentation, manuals, reports, or any other documents or presentations
• Analyze and present complex information in a format that is easy to read and understand
• Work with teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of scientific and technical information, documentation content, and requirements
• Develop diagrams, charts, and graphs that increase the user’s understanding of the subject matter
• Develop high-quality documentation with no guidance that is easy-to-understand, easy to use, meets applicable standards, and meets the objectives and goals for the intended audience
• Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
• Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
• Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
• Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
• Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Working on your BA degree
• Knowledge of Information Technology concepts and practices (particularly Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and artifacts, design reports, Computer Operator Handbooks, requirements documents, etc.)
• Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Prior technical writing experience
•Strong editing skills
ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA MD Rockville - 5635 Fishers Ln, Ste 1400 (MDC145)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.