SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Senior Software Developer in San Diego, California
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
General Dynamics is seeking a Senior Container Engineer to support a DoD effort to enable DevOps capabilities in the cloud using container solutions. The successful candidate will have a broad understanding of container technologies and how they would fit into a DevOps and cloud environment. This individual will work with the larger team to architect, design, engineer and operate a container environment using industry standard DevOps tools. Currently Redhat Openshift is the tool of choice, but the ability to analyze, implement and operate alternative solutions is highly desirable. This position may require occasional travel.
· 5 years’ experience working with container technologies
· 5 years’ experience engineering and administrating RedHat Openshift
· 5 years’ experience with industry standard DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Github, Nessus, SonarCube and Atlassian
· In-depth understanding of DevOps methodologies
· 1 year experience working in an Agile environment
· 5 years’ experience in software development ie Java or .NET
· Ability to work in a geographically disparate team across multiple time zone
· 2 years’ experience integrating Openshift into a data center environment
· Ability to document design to hand off to other teams
· Ability to mentor and train others in Container Technologies and methodologies
· US Citizenship
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Work experience will be considered as an alternative.
· Experience with alternative Container technologies
· Red Hat Certification “Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift (EX280)”
· Red Hat Certification “Red hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Application Development (EX288)”
· Red Hat Certification “Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) (EX200)”
· The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance (not currently required)
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting Allowed
USA CA San Diego - 4045 Hancock St (CAS011)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.