SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Network Communications Analyst in Triangle, North Carolina
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
No Active Clearance Required
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Active Clearance Required
CSRA is supporting EPA's Office of Environmental Information under the Infrastructure Support and Applications Hosting task order. The purpose of this contract is to develop and operate EPA's infrastructure and application platforms to be reliable, secure, and technologically advanced. The services obtained under this contract support the entirety of EPA at all geographic locations and numerous research facilities across the United States. The services consist of data center management, application hosting, application deployment/maintenance, geospatial service support, network security, cyber security, cloud computing, COOP support, and Enterprise Identity and Access Management (EIAM) and Active Directory (AD). The primary work location is in Research Triangle Park, NC.
We are currently seeking a Network Communications Analyst with a focus area of ForeScout Counteract, Network routing and switching to join our team supporting the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Networks and Security Operations Division. The role will involve support of the agencies ForeScout CounterAct implementation, WAN and Data Center LAN router and switching (mostly Cisco) environment. Normal tasks will include (but not limited to): maintaining the ForeScout implementation, troubleshooting WAN issues and outages with other network teams and interfacing with the WAN managed service provider; work on projects dealing with changes to WAN and LAN configurations such as circuit/site moves, activate/decommission WAN circuits, provision ports for new servers, troubleshoot EIGRP and BGD routing issues, install fiber and copper cabling within the data center and interface with the firewall team to resolve end to end issues.
The candidate for this position will perform the following duties and tasks:
· Update the ForeScout platforms with new subnets for discovery
· Update diagrams for network architecture using Microsoft Visio
· Troubleshoot WAN circuit issues with managed service provider
· Perform Cisco router and switch configuration using CLI commands (IOS & Nexus)
· Submit and respond to tickets using a central ticketing system such as Remedy
· Provide reports as needed using the Microsoft Office Suite
· Submit and perform changes in the agency system
· Provide outage notifications and update outage reports
· Trouble shoot routing issues in EIGRP, BGP and static configurations
· Analyze and update router ACLs
· Assign IP addresses using the agency IPAM system / Provide subnet assignments as required
· Perform network traces to analyze traffic issues
· Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
· May propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings.
· Prepares or ensures that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions.
· Provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems.
· May coordinate third-party maintenance for network equipment.
· Other duties may include, packet capture and analysis, change management, and inventory management processes.
· Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects.
· Has frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
The Candidate must have the following qualifications and abilities:
· Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in LAN and WAN (MPLS) implementation.
· Must have understanding of DHCP and DNS interaction with servers and client systems.
· Experience with Cisco router and switch configuration and CLI commands (IOS & Nexus)
· Experience using a central ticketing system such as Remedy
· Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
· Experience using Microsoft Visio for drawings
· Experience following a change management system to submit and perform changes
· Experience supporting and configuring ForeScout CounterAct platforms
BS or equivalent + 2 yrs related experience, or MS + 0 yrs experience
Cisco CCNA (desired)
ForeScout FSCA or FSAA or FSCE (desired)
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA NC Triangle - 109 TW Alexander Dr (NCC003)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.