SRA International, Inc., A CSRA Company Sr. Business Intelligence Analyst in United States
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA) Manager, reporting to Vice President of Products, will add a quantitative sophistication to business decisions by turning data into information and information into insight.
· Guides program data analysts on modeling techniques, approaches and methodologies
· Partners with programs Continual Improvement to uncover previously unknown opportunities that can be solved to resolve business problems
· Ensure alignment and prioritization with program objectives and initiatives that help management teams make faster and smarter decisions
· Use data analysis, business intelligence tools, statistical modeling and dashboards
· Translate analytical models directly into business actions while keeping in mind constraints of existing hardware, systems, and processes
· Identifies, selects and extracts relevant data from various internal and external sources.
· Manipulates raw data sets into information fit for analysis
· Designs leading and lagging key performance indicators (KPI) and a measurement framework to unify disparate programs, aligning goals and incentives
· Builds and delivers presentations that explain drivers of operational performance, including recommendations on how to improve KPIs
· Performs verification of data
· Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or in a related field.
· At least 5 years of experience in data science and/or analytics
· Deep technical knowledge of statistics
· Proficiency in access databases, excel spreadsheets and writing queries using SQL
· Expertise in one or more reporting tools such as Spot fire and Tableau , etc.
Experience with multiple of the following:
· Exploratory data analyses
· Aptitude for communicating complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise and actionable manner for all levels of management
· Skill to apply team’s analytics capabilities to business problems and build relationships with stakeholders to assist with operational decision-making
· Experience learning a business problem, finding the data required, building models from scratch rather than working within an analytically mature organization
· Deploying a solution
Master's Degree in a quantitative field like Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, and/or MBA
Lean Six Sigma Certification
At least 3 year experience in a leadership/supervisory role
Weekly Scheduled Hours
Clearance Level Must Currently Posses
Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
USA VA Home Office (VAHOME)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
THINK NEXT. NOW.
CSRA is tomorrow’s thinking, today. To “Think Next. Now.” is to imagine a better future and to deliver it, today. For our customers, our partners, and ultimately, all the people our mission touches, CSRA is realizing the promise of technology to change the world through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
We understand that our customers' missions require new methods and imaginative thinking. We bring together government IT professionals, emerging technologies, and the brightest, cutting-edge advisors in the industry to deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Everywhere you look, CSRA is there. We’re in our nation’s infrastructure, in training and education, in cyber security, in serving veterans who served us—and, so much more. Take some time to learn more about CSRA. You might be surprised to learn how we touch your life.
We are a company of 18,000+ smart, talented individuals, yet we enjoy a start-up culture that inspires us to make a difference while delivering results in this rapidly evolving world. Join our team and use your skills and expertise to support the safety, security, health and well-being of the nation.